Posted July 6th, 2021.
Unilabs is recruiting for a new position as Head of International Business Development to join our team based in Copenhagen, Denmark. This is a new position created to support our ambitions of becoming a main European player in the CRO-space for laboratory services. The role has three key areas: Drive pan-European sales through coordinated sales efforts and key account management, identify new avenues for organic growth and provide input to the direction of our overall strategic journey.
Unilabs is Europe´s fastest growing lab service provider and a leader in diagnostic testing including companion (CDx) testing and with significant offerings in clinical trials, central lab services (clinical chemistry, genetics, pathology, medical imaging) and advanced biomarker development. Unilabs runs 250+ laboratories and counts more than 12,500 employees. Next to routine diagnostics, Unilabs has a fast-growing CRO-business within laboratory service supporting pharma and biotech companies in developing new drugs and running clinical trials.
The position will be responsible for driving continued top line growth in our international CRO business. To fill it, we are looking for a person with relevant sales management experience and a thorough understanding of our industry. The three key elements are:
- Optimise and expand our European sales presence
- Coordinate and drive sales initiatives across our European pharma service organisation generating growth in our business with pharmaceutical companies, biotech and other CROs
- Support our growth agenda by identifying growth opportunities including relevant acquisition targets
Your responsibilities will include:
- New sales. Generate sales through identification of new customers fuelling our continued growth. We will expect you to drive initiative both directly (hands-on) and with our sales team
- KAM. Maintain and expand our business with existing key accounts through key account management activities including identification of account opportunities, development of account plans and tactics, and execution against such to deliver sales targets
- Team development and expansion. Optimise our dedicated BD team and provide support to our local sales people across Europe
- Strategy and acquisitions. Contribute to shaping and executing on our strategic journey including identification of growth opportunities through both organic development and acquisitions
- Leadership. Provide leadership to our Sales and BD teams
You will be reporting to the Head of Unilabs´ international business unit for Pharma Services, Serving Pharma.
Education, skills and experience:
- You understand our services as you hold a university degree in natural science, and you would have added a relevant business course(s)
- You know our market and customers through 5+ years of documented sales management experience from an international CRO
- You can further strengthen our team as you have a proven track record of complex b-2-b selling
- Business acumen and result-oriented
- Entrepreneurial and taking responsibility for generation of results
- Proactive and energetic
- Positive mind-set and result-driven
- Hands-on approach
- Well-structured, focused and ability to set clear priorities
At Unilabs you will become part of a dynamic and ambitious team working in a stimulating, informal but fast-moving environment. You will interact with both local and European colleagues to deliver on our sales targets.
Fixed salary, incentive plan, pension scheme and private health insurance are all components of the compensation package.
Travelling: 25 %.
Location: The Unilabs offices in Central Copenhagen.
Please submit your application and a brief cover letter outlining your motivation to join our team. Your application should be in English, and it will be treated confidentially.
We look forward to receiving your application latest by July 24 via Jobindex.
Please note that we will be interviewing relevant candidates on a continuous basis.